Thursday, July 16, 2009

Talking It Up

At some point, you long for your kids to talk. Then not too long after, you wonder why you ever longed for them to talk to you because what you now hear is "ma-ma" twenty times in a row with a short pause before it starts over again. That being said, it is amazing at how fast words appear from our kids.

Grace's Favorite Phrase: "Feel Better" If Grace has a boo-boo or if you say ouch, it requires kisses to heal. She used to come running saying "hurt" but now she comes running and says "feel better" as her request for kisses. If she provides you with kisses then she will ask "feel better?" and isn't happy until you say yes. So a word to the wise, just say yes to her.
On a separate note, she declared that my doormat out front had ladybugs on it this morning. I asked Brian where she learned that and he had no clue. She is right. It has ladybugs all over it.

Sophie's Talking Points: Sophie talks a lot for her age thanks to her big sister. They do have some language between the two of them though. Sophie will say something and Grace will talk back to her (sometimes I can understand Grace but sometimes I can't). Yesterday, Sophie was going on and on and Grace finally came over to me a said "Mama, Sugar is hungry." ummm, ok. That was unexpected but they did both get a snack that made them very happy. Sophie could have told me that. She has the words to say that but for whatever reason she was happy using her little sister language at that point in time.
Sophie's favorite words right now are "stuck", "hot", "whee", "go-go" (this is part of the potty training she has started), and the all time favorite of every child, "nope".
Last week, Sophie gave me one of her super, precious neck hugs (she wraps her arms around my neck and shoves her face next to mine) and said "I love you". That was her first "I love you". She said it twice that day and not since but I still love that I got it.

Little Guy's Responsiveness: Since little guy isn't here yet he obviously isn't talking but I can tell you he does not appreciate it when his sisters scream and yell and cry. Other kids doing those same things bring no response from him but if his sisters are screaming, he gets very active and I wonder if he is screaming too. Two kids screaming at the same time is a lot right now, I wonder how we will deal with three because rest assured it will happen at some point and I accept that fact right now. I guess we will get through that just like we got through having two screamers!
In writing all of this out, I do hope to take time to enjoy the little guy's baby nosies because I know they won't last forever and if he is anything like his Sophie sister then he will be talking before we know it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment