Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Color of Sweet Success and Growing Pains

"Colors": (Color) Both of the girls are into coloring with the effort being led by Grace. Grace calls crayons, "colors". We have learned to love washable crayons (Brian tells me I say "crayon" wrong but I can't figure out how else to say that word! ugh!!) We have cleaned crayon off the tv (several times), the wood floor, the coffee table, the dining room table, the glass storm dorm, our bedroom window, and continuously off Sophie's face. I do believe that Sophie's favorite place to color right now is her face. Grace will sometimes ask someone else to color. She assigns you colors to use and time limits for each color. If you don't participate, she gets very upset. Needless to say, Brian and I have been working on our coloring skills lately.

Grace's First: (Sweet) Tonight, Grace got a beater from the mixer. I made my grandma's banana cake which in my opinion requires cream cheese frosting to go with it. Grace got the frosting beater. (Just to set the record straight, Sophie was offered the other one but refused it.) She licked that beater for 30 minutes trying to get every speck of frosting off it! Of course she screamed when I took it away and had to get the icing out of her hair. I think she could live off frosting. I have threatened to give her a tub of frosting for her birthday since she will eat the frosting of any "happy cake" and leave the cake there. Maybe I should ...

Sophie's Strives: (Success) Sophie has been working on potty training for over a week and a half now. All her own doing. Some days she does awesome. Other days she drives Brian and me insane by not telling us she needs to go and the clean up duty that is required after accidents. She is trying though and for 19 months, we aren't expecting anything so this is all on her desire to strive to be big. Of course, our diaper budget will gladly take earlier potty training by her since we will be using more small diapers here before we know it.

Little Guy is Growing: (Growing Pains) That is about the only update I have on him. He is growing. He is still a pain in my hips. I wonder how my hips will ever function correctly again. The pain did come and go but now it seems to be here to stay ... well I am hoping it goes when he is born. We did make it to 36 weeks on Sunday so that means this coming Sunday will 37 weeks and he will be full term. I am getting very anxious to meet this little man and carry him in my arms or sling instead of my spreading hips!

No comments:

Post a Comment