Thursday, August 20, 2009

Two little ladies and a dude!

Grace's New Thing and a First: Grace is in love with strawberries. She convinced Brian to buy her some during their grocery store trip this week. The thing is she puts the emphasis on the berry part of the word instead of the straw part. So it sounds like strawBERRIES.
Grace got her first hair cut today. OK, it was a trim. I bribed her with change (she loves "monies") and the hair dresser bribed her with a sucker to get her to sit still in my lap. Only an inch and half off but even at that more curls are there in her pretty golden locks!

Sophie's New Things: Sophie has learned to say "You're Welcome". She doesn't quiet get that you say it after someone tells you "Thank You" though. The other morning I got the girls up and told Sophie "Morning". She replied by saying "You're Welcome". She often says "Thank You. You're Welcome" when you give her something she is wanting. Too many manners can't be a bad thing though, right?! Sophie's other current saying is "Where are you, _____?" You can insert just about anything in the blank but the most often words are blanket (which sounds completely adorable!), daddy, mommy, Gracie, or baby.

Matthew's New Thing and Name: Well I guess growing and being hungry all of the time don't count do they? Last Wednesday, Matthew took his first bottle from Brian. He took another from my mom on last Friday. I left him a bottle today during my hair cut outing but the little guy slept the whole time. I think Brian bribed him or something!
I have been trying not to call Matthew my buddy since our dog is named Buddy and it really confuses the poor dog. So I started call him "dude". Sophie caught this the second time I said it and has the cutest version of "hey dude" in her sweet toddler voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment