Monday, August 10, 2009

Good things come in threes

My sister claims that three is her lucky number but today I am going to take claims of the number three.

We have three under three for another two weeks (ok that isn't a three but it is close!)

Matthew is a proud three weeks old today. Yesterday, August 9th, was my due date with him. He was one day shy of being three weeks early. I tried to imagine still being pregnant yesterday and I just couldn't do it. I was miserable when he did come with the hip pain I was having and the lack of sleep due to that pain, I can't even imagine going through that for another three weeks. I think he knew I needed a break and my body was maxed out. We guess that he is about 10 lbs now. (He was 8 lbs 10 ounces when he was born.) I think he is happy to be here and is proud to be three weeks old and claim July as his birthday month instead of sharing August with Miss Grace.

Matthew's New Thing: Matthew is really working at holding is head up on his own. It takes a lot of effort for him to do this.

Grace loves to hold Matthew. She will sit and hold him until he fusses and then she gives him up. She also decides to inform me when he is hungry. This is by loudly stating "baby hungry" over and over and over again.

Sophie loves to give Matthew kisses. She will kiss his head very sweetly when he fusses. She has also learned from Grace to loudly tell us "baby fuss" when he is screaming, as if we can't already hear him ourselves.

Besides adapting to life with their little brother, the girls are still each their own child.

Grace and Sophie's New Shared Thing: Grace loves to sleep with Sophie. We have given up and just tuck them into Sophie's bed together. Sophie lets Grace sleep with her ... well most of the time. Sophie gets annoyed sometimes and will start fussing because Grace is taking up her space in her bed. She does this as soon as Brian gets into bed so he has to get out of bed to go move Grace to her bed. Some how Sophie's fussing never wakes Grace. I guess they will be sleeping together until Sophie finally tells Grace to go sleep in her own bed!


So life with three under three is hectic, exhausting, and leaves me frazzled but the moments where the girls both sit and hold their brother or give him kisses or the blissful moments where all three of them are asleep make me realize just how blessed we are with the good things that come in threes.

No comments:

Post a Comment