Tuesday, May 26, 2009

matching, another big girl, and a touch of blue

My Grace Moment: Brian decided last week the DVDs didn't need to have the extra sleeves on their cases for the kid movies. He has been letting the girls play with them though and they have been happy to do so even though it drives me NUTS to pick them up daily. This afternoon, Grace decided to put them back on the movies. I watched her match up the sleeve to the dvd boxes. She got them all on the first try minus one that wasn't even the drawer! Made me think about how much I loved the Memory games as a kid and how it will be fun to play those with her before too long. (She has a couple in hiding until her birthday ... shhh.) I have to say if she is like her mom though, you won't want to take her on in those games.;)
I should add the girls are on a Disney movie kick. They hardly want the tv on. They want movies on. We are working on taking turns on who picks out the next movie. Don't worry, Mermaid is still a favorite (at least we have three of them to rotate through now!)

My Sophie Moments: Sophie is now in her twin bed! We took her crib apart on Sunday. She is such a big girl and is very happy to get in and out of her bed by herself. Bed time now takes much longer since the girls both end up getting out of their beds as soon as we shut the bedroom door but they are both sleeping their own twin beds in the same room. Such big girls who are growing up so fast!!
Sophie has used the little potty twice now. She isn't tell using when she has to go but if we put her on there she will sometimes go. Yesterday she got her first potty treat. She was so proud of herself. I need to find the motivation to work on her telling us when she needs to go.

Little Boy Blue: Little boy will have a blue room. He will! We bought blue paint this past weekend. Maybe Brian will get time to paint on Friday ... maybe. I feel so behind on his room since the girls' rooms were done SO early.

No comments:

Post a Comment