Saturday, April 11, 2009

roaming plastic stools and a nap worth remembering

Sophie's New Thing: Sophie will follow me (and Brian) around the house with one of the plastic stools that generally lives in the bathroom. Any time I stop, she will set the stool down and try to look at whatever I am doing. At first it is very cute to have her follow you around overly interested in every little thing you are doing ... that is until she puts the stool down on your foot which hurts way more than it seems like it should or she falls off the stool and you have to stop what you are doing to calm her tears. She is definitely my climbing monkey and wants to be into everything!

My Grace Moment: Today, I got Sophie down for a late nap. I decided to take the "half peace and quiet" time and lay on the couch for a minute (that seems to be all I ever get so that is all I ever expect!) Grace saw me laying there. She came running over and climbed under the blanket with me. She does this often if she sees me on the couch but is gone within a few minutes and needs something so I must get up too. Well not today. I woke up over an hour later with her crashed out there next to me in my arms on the couch. I can't remember the last time she took a nap with me so it was a nice little moment to stop and remember. Plus her pregnant mommy apparently really needed a nap today so I am very thankful for that part too!

No comments:

Post a Comment