Thursday, September 10, 2009

school, "beep, beep", and sleep ... life is busy

A First for Grace: Tuesday was Grace's first day of preschool! She goes twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays, for three hours. She took off when they got there the first day and didn't want to wait for Brian to gather her stuff out of the car. Grace now is a proud owner of "kitty shoes". They have Hello Kitty on the side who she has never seen but liked them on the side of her shoes.

Sophie's New Thing: "beep, beep" One night while trying to entertain Sophie while she sat in my lap, I touched her nose and said "beep, beep". Now several weeks later, Sophie will touch her nose or your nose and say "beep, beep". It is adorable. It is funny how that little pointless thing I did with Sophie that night has stuck around for weeks.

Matthew's New Thing: Matthew is pushing up like a champ. His neck control has really improved too. He is a good sleeper about half of the nights. It seems I get one good night and one not so good night. I am hoping the good nights align up with the days I am working starting next week. I hope he realizes that come October that I will be working every day (until he graduates college!) so he should be nice to his momma and sleep good. All the being said, it is hard to believe he is 7.5 weeks old already.

My Mommy Thoughts: Sometimes it still hits me that I am the mommy. How did that happen? Ok, well I know how but when did I get old enough to be the mommy three times over? Grace carries on conversations with us now and will say "yes, mommy" or "ok, mommy" and it still strikes me that I am the mommy for her. Maybe one day it won't be that same overwhelming feeling but at this point, I am hoping not because I really like those moments when I take a second to realize that I am the mommy!

The September Mommy Moment contest is up!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I think because my oldest is 8 now, it's growing on me. But it still makes me grin sometimes, like... you have no idea kid!

    Bless their hearts, they think we are the world, and even though it's not easy sometimes, I just keep trying to do right by them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am judging the Mommy Moment for Baby Making Machine -

    Time goes by so fast and it seems crazy! Some days I wonder how I became mother because it seems like it didn't happen.

    Great post!

    Kayce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I think similar sometimes with my husband I'm like "wow! I'm married!! You're my husband!" and we've been married almost 5 YEARS! haha.

    I can't picture being called "mommy" though, but I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete